I have been working with the Adobe design software Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator since 2003. I spent a decade as the Senior Technical Illustrator for O’Reilly Media and I was the art director on two long-running projects, the Seattle Play Series and Dark Skull Publications. I have worked on a few literary journals, and I have designed and laid out several books, one of which won the Committee Choice Award for trade design at the New England Book Show in 2014.
If you need someone to help you figure out how to convey technical data or layout your books, I have competitive rates and truly love the work. See below for examples of my designs. I am also more than happy to design promotional materials (posters, postcards, invitations) that you may need to help promote your work. Below is a list of my design experience, as well as links to a few of the products. If you would like more examples, or would like to hire me to help you present your work in the best light possible, please contact me.
Award Winning Designs
- Thea of Oz by Rebecca A. Demarest, New England Book Show Committee Choice Award, 2015.
- Undeliverable by Rebecca A. Demarest, New England Book Show Committee Choice Award, 2014.
Personal Design Projects
- Less Than Charming, 2015. Fantasy novel.
- The Ozite Cycle, 2014, 2015, 2017. Illustrated fantasy novella.
- “The Scholar and the Farmer’s Daughter,” 2014. Illustrated short story.
- Undeliverable, 2014. Literary novel.
Freelance Design Projects
- Roots and Wings by Demetra Perros, 2017. Memoir
- The Ballard Collection, Seattle Play Series, 2017. Play Anthology.
- The Capitol Hill Collection. Seattle Play Series, 2016. Play Anthology.
- John of God by Dane Riggenbach, 2014. Thriller novella.
- Dark Holidays, Dark Skull Publications, 2014. Horror anthology.
- The Green Lake Collection, Seattle Play Series, 2014. Play Anthology.
- Somewhere in the Middle by Christina Isabella DaVinci, 2013. New Age memoir.
- City of Fools by Patrick Coppola, 2012. Thriller novel.
- Lion’s Den, Orchard Gardens Pilot School, 2011. Literary Journal.
- Redivider, Emerson College, 2010-2011. Literary Journal.